How do I get my horn to work?
The first step is to identify which horn system your vehicle is using.
A. Horn Wire System
1. This is a standard setup on all of ididit's columns as well as most GM columns 69' or newer.
2. The horn wire will connect from the spade connector in the center of the horn button to the inside of the white plastic tube (horn cam) on the top of the column.
3. Many companies include a horn wire with their steering wheel adaptor.
4. You can buy them from GM (part numbers: 9769448 or 474102)
5. Horn wires are available from ididit inc. (Ididit Part #HORNWIRE)
B. Horn Plunger (metal pin) System
1. Horn plungers were used in many pre-69 GM columns.
2. The horn plunger will fit inside the white plastic tube (horn cam) on the top of the column.
3. As the horn is depressed the metal plunger acts as a wire to transfer the ground.
4. This horn kit is available from ididit inc. if you don't have one. (Ididit Part #2620000010)