1968-1972 Chevrolet Chevelle, Malibu, El Camino, Monte Carlo
1968-1972 Buick Skylark, Grand Sport, Special
1968-1972 Pontiac Lemans, GTO, Tempest, Grand Prix
1968-1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass, 442, F-85
UMI’s Stage 3.5 kit is designed to transform your GM A-Body from a comfortable cruiser to a capable corner carver with the twist of the wrist. UMI’s lowering springs form the handling foundation and are controlled by UMI’s premium rebound adjustable shocks. Our ultra-premium springs feature carefully tuned rates and high quality construction to eliminate the floating feeling and will tie your A-body directly to the road. The UMI monotube shocks rebound adjustment allows you to fine tune your ride whether you’re doing back road heroics or shaving that last tenth of a second between the cones. UMI a-arms feature tubular construction, Delrin bushings for precise steering and caster corrected uppers. The ½” taller upper ball joints work with the lowering springs to tune up the poor factory A-body camber curve. Out back the UMI trailing arms feature Roto-joints for smooth articulation combined with poly bushings for a smooth ride. Adjustable uppers allow for pinion angle tuning while the axle mounted pro-tour bar performs on the street, during cornering and even the occasional dragstrip blast. The entire package is designed and manufactured by UMI in Philipsburg, PA – USA of US materials and we’re proud to drive on and race what we build.
- Increased spindle height by 1/2” via tall upper ball joints for improved camber gain and a better tire contact patch. Works nicely in conjunction with lowering springs.
- Upper a-arms add caster for improved steering feel and straight line stability.
- Lower a-arms feature UMI-built Delrin bushings, premimun ball joints and bump stops.
- 1-1/4” front sway bar for flat cornering, CNC bent from 4140.
- UMI shocks feature monotube construction and rebound damping adjustment. Rebound adjustment tuning improves handling and responsiveness.
- UMI springs feature ultra premium CrSi material with linear rates front and rear for consistent handling. (530 lb/in front, 130 lb/in rear).
- Rear trailing arms feature Poly and Roto-Joints as well as adjustable uppers for setting pinion angle and rear lateral location.
- Roto-Joints allow smooth articulation for improved handling and less bind.
- 1” diameter rear Pro-Tour sway bar offers tune-able rear roll resistance and less binding for street, corner carving or light drag and is balanced well with our 1-1/4” front bar and spring rates.
- Entire kit is designed and built in the USA.
UMI’s Stage 3.5 Handling Kit Includes:
- UMI rebound adjustable monotube shocks.
- 1” or 2” lowering springs, linear spring rates (530 lb/in front, 130 lb/in rear).
- Tubular front lower a-arms with Delrin bushings.
- Tubular upper front a-arms with Delrin bushings & ½” taller ball joints.
- Heavy duty 1-1/4” front sway bar with new bushings & endlinks.
- Tubular & adjustable 1” pro-touring rear sway bar, chassis mounted design.
- Rear lower control arms featuring Roto-Joint & Polyurethane combination.
- Adjustable rear upper control arms with Roto-Joints.
- Heavy duty frame braces with new high grade hardware.
- Replacement polyurethane rear end housing bushings.
- New Grade 8 proper mounting hardware.